Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Talking With A Friend

Yesterday I was speaking with a friend whose son suffered long with the same addiction problems as my son. We talk of business and always we ask about each others sons. His response was that his son is now clean for 4 years. In that time there have been many jobs, court issues, a marriage, divorce and a beautiful baby in other words life happens no matter what. But just being able to say, "clean 4 years" is so uplifting for me that it is hard to describe, but then he went on to tell me that his son had just gotten acceptance letters from KU and K-State, he is applying and going to college!!!!!

THAT IS SOME OF THE MOST ENCOURAGING NEWS I HAVE HEARD FOR A LONG TIME!!!

I just wanted to pass this along, another nugget of hope to fuel us along.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Thanks for that. It is very encouraging.

Annette said...

That is encouraging! Its never too late.

Syd said...

I'm glad that his son is on the sober track. I hope that happens with your son too. Yet, as you say, it is still one day at a time.

cw2smom said...

Wow! See, there's hope! Bless his heart! How exciting for all involved! Lisa

clean and crazy said...

there is always hope, thanks for sharing

Bar L. said...

Very encouraging! Let's hope we can say the same thing about our sons!