Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

We all have many things to be thankful for in our life even if we do have a loved one addicted to awful substances. Sometimes it is so hard to remember that in the midst of drama and crisis that seems never ending.

So I don't forget I am listing a few from my list as it relates to addiction and this blog.

I am thankful my son is clean today. Today is what I have been given and tomorrow will be another not to be feared or celebrated, only to be lived.

I am thankful for all of our family and friends that support us when we needed it in dark times.

I am thankful for every word of advice all of you wise friends have offered on this blog and in person.

I am thankful for all of the parents that are lost in their child's addiction and have searched and found blogs and resources to help with their pain and education. We were those parents not so long ago.

I am thankful I never lost sight of hope.

I am thankful that there are people so willing to give of themselves to help others in this madness. They are the ones willing to stand up in front of others and admit that have walked this tangled path, there is a way.

I'm sure there are many more things but I have to get to work now, of which is another thing I am thankful for.

3 comments:

VJ said...

I am thankful that recovery is always possible regaardless of the depth the disease takes our children.

I am thankful for Ron and all who post to help other parents.

I am thankful to God.

Have the best Thanksgiving ever!

Unknown said...

I am grateful to have so many wonderful recovery blogs that give me hope, wisdom and choices. We are not alone. Happy Thanksgiving, M & D

♥namaste♥

Anonymous said...

I am so very grateful for your blog at a time when I needed it most.