Friday, July 17, 2009

A Sense of Accomplishment

I took Alex to pay fines in 2 places yesterday, plus he mailed off other fines. He started with $700 in his bank account from his paycheck, he now has $5 and says he feels good about it.

In the past I had talked to him about setting and accomplishing goals. He told me yesterday after he got done paying he really felt good and that I was right when something good gets done you feel a sense of pride. He said he was proud of himself.

He still owes a lot more money and he is figuring that at least 2 more checks are already gone. But if the money goes to pay his fines it cannot go anywhere else.

It is easy for me to feel good today. But I know, I know. But hey, isn't it one day at a time?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

one day at a time, and it's a really good day today.

Gin said...

Yes, one day at a time! And this one was a good one! I am so happy for him.

Bar L. said...

I love reading this!

(hey, can I send Keven to live with you????) :)

Cindy said...

How great that he feels good about paying those fines!

Annette said...

Good for Alex and good for you too! Today there was some progress made toward the man that Alex can become! That is HUGE.

sKILLz said...

That's really cool that he paid his fines. It's a great start.
He showing that he is really trying.
Or he scared shit of going to jail.
Either way he is facing it.
Yes one day at a time. One hour or minute, or second if that's what you need to get past the day!
Stay Up!