Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Milestones

It is day by day. I really understand that now and it was so hard to get but this dad finally got it after a few years. This is my revelation for myself.

Regardless of living for the joy of each day I don't think it is wrong to occasionally put little check marks in the column of normal father /son growth and relationships. Today Alex got back from a family vacation. He and Kristy took their family on their first family vacation. It really is a mark on the life list for a dad to take his family on car vacation. Ask your dad if that adventure doesn't have a special place in their dreams and nightmares. It is such a milestone a movie was actually made of the adventure. I don't know anybody that hasn't laughed at the Griswold's on their vacation to Walley World.

This dad is proud of his son. Not so long ago I didn't even dare to dream. Today dreams come true.

Ocean City, Maryland, USA

3 comments:

Change said...

I'm happy you're "feeling" those feelings. I'm sure your son had some of those feelings too as he traveled. I will be where you are (having proud moments) some day and my daughter will be where your son is. I have no doubts, just plan hope.

Terri said...

I love that picture. I have hope that my son will one day experience this.

Syd said...

So great for Alex and his family. I'm happy for all of you.