Today a son was buried.
A regular reader of this blog messaged me to tell me that last week her son died from an overdose. She found him in their home.
I cannot fathom the pain and grief a parent experiences in this reality. There are no words in the English language to express the hurt we all feel for a family experiencing this heartache.
Hugs go out to this family. There is nothing more I or we can do. The monster takes life from not only a young man but from an entire family.
Every day parents of addicts live with this fear. For a parent, every second of life is lived on a razor thin edge. It is so tragic as young people fall to this scourge. My heart aches.
If love was enough to stop the monster addiction would be nothing more than a memory.