Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Magic of Christmas

This is the time of year that brings much joy to some and unspeakable heartache for others. There is not much I can say on here that can help many but what I say here does help me.

There are many different beliefs around Christmas and this holiday season but there are a few things I believe:

I believe there is nothing like seeing a small children and grandchildren tear into presents on Christmas morning.

I believe no person has scared more 2 year old children than Santa Claus, any doubt in this, there is photographic evidence.

I believe it is possible to put aside anger or hurt for one day.

I believe Christmas has become too big of a production with not enough love and support.

I believe if I lived someplace warm it wouldn't be the same holiday without 10 degrees and wind.

I believe that forgiveness is the most wonderful gift you can give yourself.

I believe a fire in the fireplace on Christmas makes everyone feel warmer and nicer.

I believe Christmas wishes do come true.

I believe for each of our suffering children there is recovery for them to take.

And most of all,

I believe for each of us life goes on and where there is life there is hope. Look around you and see all the the life. Try to tell me then there is no hope.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday's to all no matter what your beliefs........Ron Grover

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and Darlene, Ron!

Syd said...

Beautifully said, Ron. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Annette said...

Oh Ron, such a perfect post! Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family.

Anna said...

Ron,

Your house looks a lot like mine but your family has healed! They look wonderful and I am happy for you. Thanks for continuing to support those of us who have not won yet.