Monday, January 9, 2012

A Mother Deals with Relapse

Over the weekend a mother that is dealing with her daughter's relapse left a comment to my 7 Truths essay posted on The Partnership's Intervene site.

I wrote her and ask her permission to re-post her comment on my blog and she gave me permission. She said there will be days that maybe she will not be so strong but this is the life she is choosing to live.

Christine Bacci says:
January 9th, 2012 at 10:48 am


I went shopping this afternoon and actually did a little dance in the car park, my daughter after being 2 years clean decided before Christmas that drugs would re enter her life, not thinking that they would also enter ours (sisters, father, mother, grandparents, aunties, uncles, cousins and friends). After the tears and the sleepless nights, this afternoon something just clicked. I want a good life with my husband, family and friends I have so much to live for I have so many dreams and so many places I want to see and so much more that I want to achieve with my career. My daughter through her addiction has taken 8 years of my life, I will not let her take any more, I wish her all the very best with her choices and hope she has a wonderful life whatever it will be, but I am done with the worry the heartache I have loved you and have been the best mother I knew how to be, I wish you well my darling, I will always love you but I have to let you go.


7 Truths About My Addict That Took 5 Years To Learn

6 comments:

Topper said...

thank you for posting this, it is very compelling. I am very glad to have gotten a chance to read this. It helps me with my own family and the addiction in it.

Bristolvol said...

This could have been written by me. This is my situation exactly. 4 years ago this is what I decided to do. One thing I did not count on, however, are the 2 grandchildren who have entered life since and I am not part of it. But it does not change anything for me.

Syd said...

She gets it. It takes a lot of pain and misery to get there but thankfully, she won't waste another 8 years of her life.

Maija said...

I came to that same conclusion today and I feel relieved.

Erin said...

I finally reached that point recently and I feel relieved as well.............

Thanks for sharing this Ron.

Debby of Oxycontin and Opiate Addiction: A Mother's Story said...

This is the peace I hope to have, one day. I'm feeling peaceful, but I still have to remind myself to let my son deal with his own sobriety. Thank you for sharing this. It gives me hope and encouragement.