Thursday, May 29, 2014

Guest Post: US News and World Report

I received this e-mail today. If you would like to talk to this reporter please contact her directly and mention you saw this on my blog. Hope this can help minor age addition treatment.

Hello,

I came across your blog when I was searching online … and I’m hoping that you can help me with a story I’m working on.

In a couple of weeks we are releasing Best Children’s Hospitals. This guide does not include a list of hospitals that have inpatient psychiatry units, because there are so few of them.

When I looked into this, I realized that the services for addiction in children’s hospitals, within psychiatry departments, were even more grave. I decided to write a story about it, and I have talked to many policymakers and doctors about why this is.

I’m hoping to provide the patient’s voice in all of this. I noticed you have an extended network—could you connect me with someone I might talk to? I prefer someone who has a child who is 18 or under. We are simply looking to tell their story, and to help other parents understand that when they face this they will have to look hard to find services that meet their children’s needs. I would need to speak with someone today or tomorrow.

I’m happy to discuss changing any names to protect children as they are going off to college.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Thank you all for your support. Kimberly sent me a response and said she has ll the interviews she can handle and has promised to link me to her article when it published. When I get the link I will post the article and link on here for all to read.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would suggest the author post her letter on the website : addictsmom.com
There are many parents with addicted children who are under 18 who frequent this website and discuss this very problem.