Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Talking to Students Again

I'm out doing my thing again with students. Spent the last 2 days in health class at out local high school talking about the effects of addiction on an individual and a family.

My talks center around what you will become if you choose to use drugs. I don't do the "Don't take drugs or Just say no thing". I just lay it out to the students as if they are young adults and capable of making informed decisions if you make the choice to use, this is what you will become. No judgement just the facts and reality of addiction.

A student from one of the media classes was sent to take pictures. Here are of pictures of me doing my thing. 


5 comments:

Brandi said...

I am so glad that you are doing this!

Lou said...

Is that a beard? I like it!

It feels good to give back;)

Dad and Mom said...

Yes, it's a beard.

Our son-in-law ask me at Brooke's birthday if I'd grow a beard with him. Before I could answer, Mom responded, "He isn't growing NO beard!"

So you know what means, now I HAVE to grow one. LOL

VJ said...

Ron,

Would it be advantageous to video your next student presentation and put it on UTube?

If so, so many other could benefit, students, parents, ministers, school counselors and the list goes on and on.

In addition, many Web site would link to your presentation.

Just an idea.

Thanks for all you do.

VJ

Maija said...

God bless you Ron!!